- National FACC Network
- Our Career Services
American Outbound Program - How to Apply
December 11, 2018
Last updated July 15, 2021
Once a CDD position has been secured in France, candidates are able to launch the jeune professionnel visa application with the FACC-NY.
Please note the below timeline is an estimate of the timing necessary to process the jeune professionnel visa application. Times may vary depending on workloads at Office Francais de l’Immigration et de l’Integration (OFII) and at Les Directions régionales des entreprises, de la concurrence, de la consommation, du travail et de l’emploi (la DIRECCTE). You can also expect wait times to increase during summer months.
The entire jeune professionnel visa process takes approximately 6 to 11 weeks.
Step 1: Application and Processing Fee Sent to FACC-NY
- Applicant and host company gather the materials listed on the following checklists:
- One set of scans/copies must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and one set of original documents must be sent by mail to:
FACC-NY American Outbound Program
c/o Massat Consulting Group
33 W 46th Street, Suite 800
New York, NY 10036
-Applicant or host company pays the processing fee online
-The FACC-NY confirms that the application and processing fee have been accepted*
*Please note that FACC-NY acceptance of an application does not guarantee issuance of the jeune professionnel visa. Final approval is at the discretion of OFII, la DIRECCTE, and your local VFS center.
Step 2: Application Forwarded to OFII
- Within 1 week, the FACC-NY reviews application, sends dossier to local OFII office in France
Step 3: Application Forwarded to la Direccte
- Within 1 to 2 weeks, OFII reviews dossier and sends work contract to la DIRECCTE for approval
• This process may be longer during summer months
Step 4: Approved Contract Sent to French Consulate
- Within 3 weeks, la DIRECCTE reviews contract and returns approved contract to OFII
- OFII faxes the approved contract to the French Consulate in Washington D.C.
Step 5: Consular Appointment
-Washington D.C. French Consulate contacts applicant (typically by e-mail) to confirm reception of work contract
-Applicant attends visa appointment in the United States at their local Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) Center
Step 6: Visa Issued
- Within 1 to 3 weeks, applicant receives visa and begins training in France!