- National FACC Network
- Newsletter Subscription
In the spirit of reciprocity and international understanding, the FACC American Outbound program facilitates the visa application process for qualified young Americans aspiring to work in France and companies interested in hosting them for up to 18 months.
Since 1992, the FACC’s International Career Development Programs (ICDP) has partnered with French government agencies, the French Office for Immigration and Integration (OFII) as well as the French Regional Labor Bureaus (DIRECCTE), to expedite candidates’ visas and work authorizations.
Through the assistance of our ICDP department, candidates who have secured a job offer in France may obtain a work visa for a 18 month “CDD” that allows them to train in France.
Hear from past program participants:
About the Process
Secure a job offer in France. See our tips and resources to get started.
Contact the FACC for visa application materials. (completed by you and your host company)
After we receive your application materials, the approval process takes 6-11 weeks.
Visit the VFS Global Center closest to your hometown in the U.S. to obtain your visa once your application has been approved.
Start your professional training in France and make the most of your cultural exchange experience. Keep in touch!
Who is eligible?
- American citizens who are between the ages of 18 and 35 and are currently enrolled in college and/or possess a college degree.
Which companies are eligible to host Americans?
- Most private and public businesses
- Teaching programs are not eligible. For opportunities in this sector, please refer to TAPIF.
What are the position requirements?
- Full-time (35 hours/week)
- 3 to 18 months in duration
- Employee must be paid at least the French minimum wage known as the SMIC
- The employment contract must be a “Contrat à Durée Déterminée” (CDD)
Visit our American Outbound FAQ’s.