Last updated: Oct 29, 2021
What personal information do we collect and how do we use them?
The FACCNY collects and uses the following personal information concerning you::
- Contact Information: The application form to become a FACCNY Member, as well as some areas of our Site, request or require your contact. During the application and registration process (for FACCNY Members and individuals who have registered for FACCNY’s employment service via the Site), we collect information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. Your contact information will be used to administer the FACCNY mailing lists and provide you with mailings that you have requested, and may be used to get in touch with you when necessary with respect to the Service or the Site or for other internal purposes such as surveys or events registration. We may also use your contact information to provide you with badges or to register your booking of a co-working space in our premises, to maintain our list of sponsors or to respond to inquiries you submit to us, or to otherwise fulfill the purposes for which you submitted such information to FACCNY in the first place. We may also share your contact information with a court or governmental agency if required by law, as required by a court of competent jurisdiction or to the limited extent described below under “With whom do we share your personal information” section. Your contact information will be included in the FACCNY Members Directory.
- Profile Information: During the application/registration process, and at any time thereafter, you may also provide FACCNY with additional information about yourself, other than contact information, such as information about your business, your interests, your background and products or services you wish to provide or obtain. We may use this information to better target you with newsletters and opportunities that are geared towards FACCNY Members with your particular profile, or to track the success of our Site and Service. Your profile information will be included in our CRM database.
- Directory Information: One core purpose of FACCNY membership is to have your contact information and profile information disseminated to interested third parties. To that end, FACCNY makes the Directory available to other FACCNY Members as well as to members of other chapters of the French Chambers of Commerce and Industry around the world. Therefore, if you do not want your contact information or profile information made public in this manner, do not submit it to FACCNY.
- Employment Information: In connection with the employment service available on the Site, you will be given the opportunity to provide additional information either (i) about yourself such as your skills, experience, age, education level, and job requirements, or (ii) about the position(s) you seek to fill, such as the sector, job requirements and qualifications. If you submit a resume and other information about yourself in search of employment, an anonymous summary of this information will be accessible to FACCNY Members who are employers potentially interested in hiring you. Information about job opportunities will be accessible by all FACCNY Members and individuals who have registered for FACCNY’s employment service via the Site. We may also use this information in aggregated form to provide FACCNY Members with statistical information about the overall community of FACC Members.
When we do not collect your consent to process the above described information we collect about you, we process your information as these are necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with access to the Site and/or the Service or we consider it to be in our legitimate interests to process your information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may disclose your information to third parties we engage to provide services that involve data processing on our behalf, such as our platforms operators, CRM provider, online surveys provider. Such third parties do not include advertisers or marketers that would contact or solicit you. We will only disclose your information to such third parties provided that they adhere to the same restrictions regarding use of your information as are set forth in this Agreement.
We may also share your personal information with our other FACC chapters where relevant and in your interest.
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside your state, province or country where the data protection laws differ from those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer your data to the United States and process it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
With respect to your personal information, you have the rights to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your personal information;
- request corrections of your personal information if such personal information proves inaccurate or incomplete;
- request, on legitimate grounds, your personal information to be deleted provided we are not under a legal obligation to keep these;
- request, on legitimate grounds, the restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or to any processing which we would have grounded on our legitimate interest;
- withdraw your consent at any time where the processing of your information is based on consent;
- receive personal information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those to another provider provided these are processed based on your consent or our contract;
- lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please reach out to us at email@example.com or mail your request to the postal address indicated below.
This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information you disclose online since a sufficiently powerful attack from an unauthorized third party could compromise your data.