From time to time, changes in law or in the FACC business may require FACC to update this Agreement. We appreciate Your use of the Site and our Service and respect Your choice of whether to accept such changes. Notice of each such change shall be posted on the Site, and Your continued use of the Site and/or Service shall constitute Your acceptance of the modified version of this Agreement. If you do not agree with any such changes, please contact FACC by mail or email. FACC, in its sole discretion, may also add, delete or change some or all of the features of the Site or FACC’s services at any time. The terms "You" and "Your" as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the Site for any reason.
1. Acceptable Use. The Site and Service consist of a collection of resources for (i) people and organizations who have registered by mail with FACC (“FACC Members”), (ii) individuals who have registered for FACC’s employment service (the “Employment Service”) via the Site (“ES Users”), and (iii) passive visitors to the Site ((i), (ii) and (iii) collectively, “End Users”). Such resources include networking events for FACC Members, the Employment Service (which consists of an area on the Site where job offers can be posted by FACC Members and searched/answered by ES Users), certain membership benefits programs and J-1 visa programs, various content such as newsletters, event listings, advice and other information (“Content”), and a directory of FACC Members (“Directory”), and may in the future contain message boards and bulletin boards for posting information requests, hosting threaded online discussions, and publishing opportunities (“Message Boards”). Some of these Services are only available to FACC Members. It is a condition of Your use of the Service that You do not: Use any other FACC Member’s personal information (including, without limitation, other FACC Members’ name, phone number, email or mailing address) for any purpose other than in furtherance of the networking and employment objectives of FACC. Restrict or inhibit any other End User from using and enjoying the Service. Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law. Post or transmit any information or other material that (i) violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder, or (ii) contains a virus or other harmful component. Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes other than in furtherance of the networking and employment objectives of the FACC. You understand that FACC has no obligation to monitor Your use of the Service. However, FACC reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in FACC's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of this Agreement. FACC reserves the right: (i) to release current or past FACC Member or ES User information if it believes that a FACC Member or ES User account is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed; (ii) to deny access to the Service to serious or repeat offenders of FACC policies or this Agreement; (iii) to deny access to the Service to End Users for conduct that FACC believes is harmful to other End Users or to FACC as an organization; and (iv) to deny access to the Service to End Users who interfere with the design and operation of the Service without written authorization.
3. Copyright. If You believe that any information or content owned by You, has been used on the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide FACC’s Copyright Agent with a written notice (e-mail is sufficient) that includes the following information: an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the Site; Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement by You, under penalty of perjury, that the information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. FACC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site may be reached using the contact information set forth in Section 8 below.
5. Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall FACC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or Service. You specifically acknowledge and agree that FACC is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any End User. If You are dissatisfied with any material on the Site or with the Service, or with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service.
6. Disclaimers. The Site provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. FACC does not operate or control in any respect any information, products, or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this Site and the third-party sites, including without limitation all advice, research and other information, are provided for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied, and FACC shall not be liable for Your reliance thereon. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, FACC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Site, Service and otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. FACC does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. FACC does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this Site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
8. Tax Deductibility of Dues, Fees & Contributions. The French-American Chamber of Commerce - New York Chapter is not a charitable organization and therefore any gift, contribution, dues payment or fees should be considered a general business expense.
9. Contact Us. If You have any questions about this Agreement, the Service, the practices of this Site, or Your dealings with FACC, You can contact:
French-American Chamber of Commerce New York Chapter
1350 Broadway, Suite 2101
New York, NY 10018
Tel: (212) 867-0123
Fax: (212) 867-9050