- National FACC Network
- Newsletter Subscription
Are you a French company or a U.S. company doing business with France? Let the VIE Program + J-1 visa package facilitate your HR needs.
What is the VIE program? Volunteer for International Experience. The VIE is a hassle-free HR package offered by the French government (and facilitated by the FACC) that allows your company to easily recruit high-profile young professional trainees and interns from Europe. It is entirely flexible and provides several financial advantages, aimed at making your cross-border HR needs more manageable.
Since its inception in 2001:
- 66,000 VIEs have been hosted by more than 6,600 companies worldwide.
- 10,300 VIEs are currently on assignment for 2,000 companies in 130 countries.
What are the benefits?
- A turnkey solution to your HR needs
- BUSINESS FRANCE handles administrative procedures (payroll administration, contract, insurance and, upon request, travel and recruitment processes). The FACC works with the host company in the U.S. to approve and process J-1 visa applications for VIE candidates.
- Fiscal incentives & subsidies
- The full cost of the VIE is charged to the French company, not the host company. In addition, the VIE Program is exempt from taxation in France. The company in France is also entitled to certain fiscal advantages (tax deductible for subsidies, tax credit for SMEs, etc.) as well as regional subsidies.
- A variety of private sector assignments are possible, with durations ranging from 6 to 18 months in the U.S. (can be extended to a maximum of 24 months in other countries). Candidates can be trained in France and transferred to a subsidiary of the same company in the U.S. or elsewhere.
- High-profile young professionals
BUSINESS FRANCE has a pool of 35,000 qualified, young professionals waiting to learn from and contribute to your business. These young professionals are:
- Graduates of Europe’s best schools and universities
- Citizens of the European Economic Area
- 60% of candidates are between 25 and 29 years old
- 95% of candidates graduated with at least a Master’s Degree
Companies can choose their trainee or intern candidates through their own recruitment methods, or BUSINESS FRANCE can assist in the recruitment process.
For more information:
Please contact Marwan Ghrab, VIE Program Department, BUSINESS FRANCE at ++ (212) 400-2172 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
For general information about the FACC J-1 visa program, please contact the FACC International Career Development Programs Department at +001 (212) 867-0123 or email@example.com.