- National FACC Network
- Newsletter Subscription
myGlobalVillage: smartRETAIL at the CES 2020
Chapter News | November 01, 2019
The FACC-NY is pleased to partner with myGlobalVillage to offer our members an augmented CES experience. CES is the premier tradeshow for tech industry professionals and will take place January 7-10, 2020 in Las Vegas. FACC members will receive a 25% discount on their four-day CES pass. Contact FACC Associate Director of Membership Jeremie Sautter to receive your code and register today.
The smartRETAIL tour explores the CES exposition floor of Tech EAST South hall. smartRETAIL is a delegation that is part of the "TECH for Business" of the FrenchVillage and myGlobalVillage at CES 2020. The smartRETAIL delegation organizes a walking TECH tour of key solutions and technologies.
The myGlobalVillage team of RETAIL industry insiders will help you navigate your way through the latest technology trends that will have lasting impact on your business. This walking interactive session covers the leading tech and trends of 2020. It is designed and curated specifically for IT and marketing executives, directors and technology specialists.
TECHtour themes for 2020
Merchants are faced with a transformation of retail business, driven by technologies such as AI, eCommerce, Big Data, and soon IOT and AR/VR. To make sense of it all, myGlobalVillage propose a tour of the exposition floor at CES and NRF trade shows in January 2020. Guides accompany you through half day visit of key solutions focused on two themes: the new store experience and the omnichannel challenge.
- The new store experience: physical stores are less a destination to buy products and more one to showroom, educate, service and entertain customers. Technologies such as smart mirrors, self-service kiosks, ads display monitors, cameras, sensors, mobile POS and sales clienteling are creating challenges for store operations, ISIT infrastructure, and cybersecurity teams. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Which technologies are ready for rollout and which should tested in controlled pilot projects? Can these technologies be deployed securely? Can they be maintained at low cost over long periods of time?
- Omnichannel challenge: a seamless customer experience requires real-time inventory for online ecommerce and detailed customer profile for in-store showrooming. Bridging online and physical worlds is a data game which requires the fusion, integration, analysis and syndication of data across multiple systems, some legacy. We explore how customer data platforms (CDP), data lakes, cloud computing, internet of things (IOT), and store robots create new data sources that can be exploited.
Retail technologies include:
- Biometric recognition systems
- AR and VR technologies at Retail
- Digital and Interactive Signage
- Robots in Retail
- Tagging with NFC and RFID
- The Sensor Driven Shopping Experience
- Loyalty and Reward Systems
- The Rise of Self-Serve and Automation
- New POS Developments
- Data as Retail Gold
Attendees will learn
- How IoT devices are changing retail and creating a data deluge
- Can robots improve the shopping experience?
- Can robots solve store personnel shortage?
- The effect of automated systems including voice and chatbots translating to sales
- How blockchain and other systems are transforming the backend of retail
- How immersive technologies like AR and VR translate to retail sales
- How to personalize sales using big data and analytics
- New tools for training and supporting sales staff
- Combining high tech and high touch experiences for maximum effect
- The watch words for 2020: Community, Personalization, Data, Experiential Retail, Direct to Consumer
Attendees will receive:
- 2.5 hours tour of the expo show floor to visit 10 solution vendors
- 45 min pre-tour briefing of the solutions and technologies
- 30 min post-tour Q&A
- all events and activities of the CES 2020 French Village activities
- key retailTECH trends and takeaways. This report provides you with a complete overview of the smartRETAIL TECH tour as well as important trends impacting the retail industry in the year ahead.
smartRETAIL participants benefit from unique networking activities beyond the TECHtour as part of the myglobalVillage 2000+ participants from France, Europe, Quebec, and the US. They include startup pitches, cocktails with country delegates and briefings from 20 other delegations in TECH for business, TECH for cities and TECH for Life.
smartRETAIL NRF BIG SHOW 2020
The smartRETAIL TECHtour also guides attendees of the NRF BIG SHOW exposition floor in NYC in January 2020.
For any Workgroup subscriber to myglobalVillage , we will be able to offer a combined curation for CES and NRF - including the full 3 days experience at CES and a ½ day curated visit of NRF (on the morning of the 13th or 14th, TBC). This includes the access to the CES exhibition but does not include the access to NRF exhibition. Hence, each attendee will have to purchase his/her NRF pass directly. Learn more about NRF and register now to attend.
Contact FACC Associate Director of Membership Jeremie Sautter to benefit from your 25% FACC Member Discount.