- National FACC Network
- Newsletter Subscription
- La branche de New York
- Échanges et carrières à l’international
- Services aux États-Unis
Career Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Job Postings | January 29, 2021
About Gide Loyrette Nouel
Founded in Paris in 1920, Gide is one of the leading international law firms, with 11 offices worldwide.
Our 550 lawyers, including over 100 partners, drawn from 35 different nationalities and representing 41 of the world's bar associations, are recognized as being among the most talented specialists in all fields of national and international business law.
We offer legal advice and assistance across a broad spectrum of disciplines to businesses, public and private sector institutions, investment funds and governments.
Administrative Assistant Position
We are seeking an individual to assist our New York office with administrative tasks to ensure the smooth day to day running of the office. Responsibilities typically include:
- Coordinating with the Paris office with respect to firm wide policies and intercompany tasks.
- Coordinating candidate interviews and assisting with firm events.
- Providing administrative support to the office lawyers including answering phones, maintaining calendars, word processing, printing, mailing, booking transport and accommodation for NY lawyers and visiting lawyers and clients.
- Liaising with vendors to manage office supplies and servicing (paper, printer ink, pens, furniture, IT equipment) and with the landlord for office related issues (utilities, security).
- Attending regular meetings with lawyers to review required tasks.
- Light physical work required (e.g., moving boxes of paper, walking to post post-office/fedex)
Daily physical presence in the office is required from 9 AM to 5 PM, with flexibility for extended hours as necessary. This is not a remote or work from home position. Lawyers often travel or work remotely and depend on the administrative assistant to address tasks in the office.
Offers competitive salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills, plus an attention to detail.
- Cultural sensitivity - our office is comprised of French and US lawyers who work with clients and colleagues from around the world.
- Flexibility with respect to tasks and, occasionally, office hours.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skills.
- Strong French language skills, noting that as a Paris based firm with majority French lawyers and staff, many internal communications may be in French.
- Previous office-based, secretarial or customer-facing work experience a plus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume and cover letter to Melanie Simon (email@example.com).