Our goal as your J-1 visa sponsor is for you to have a positive cultural experience here in the U.S. This page provides information about various administrative procedures, life in America and any changes you may need to make to your program.
If your question is not answered here or your situation is urgent, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Arrival: After you arrive in the U.S. you must send the Arrival Documents listed in Step 5 of the Exchange Visitor Application Checklist to the FACC via email in order for us to validate your arrival in SEVIS. You will not be able to apply for a Social Security Number or Driver's License until we have completed this procedure. More importantly, the U.S. Department of State requires that we receive these documents no later that 30 days after the start date indicated on your DS-2019, or you risk falling out of J-1 status.
Download your Arrival Information Form here.
- Social Security Number: Please note that you must be validated in SEVIS before applying for a Social Security Number. For any Letter of Good Standing Requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and SEVIS number.
- Driver's License: Please note that you must have a Social Security Number before applying for a Driver's License.
- If you are traveling internationally during your J-1 visa program, please remember to obtain a travel validation signature on your DS-2019. Please note that travel to Cuba is not permitted at this time.
Life in the United States
- Health - Remember that the American health care system is significantly different than health care systems in Europe. Be sure to review your medical insurance coverage carefully to be fully informed about your health care benefits when seeking medical attention. In particular, please note your co-pay, or the amount you may have to pay up-front when you visit the doctor.
- Evaluations - As your sponsor, we want to hear about your experience! Please fill out the midpoint and final evaluations to help us improve our J-1 program. The FACC will contact you to remind you to complete these evaluations.
Changes to Your Program
The FACC must be notified of any changes to your program in order for us to help you make the necessary modifications. Please contact us if any of the following situations concern you:
- Transfer of Host Company: Please note that transfers are reserved for extreme circumstances
- Change of residential address or phone number: the FACC needs to be informed within 10 days of any such change
- Change of primary Site of Activity