Breakfast Meeting on Tax Reform with KPMG
On Tuesday, April 24th, the FACC was delighted to attend our partner event with KPMG entitled "U.S. Tax Reform: Preparing for the Impact". The morning started off with a breakfast for 80 attendees, followed by a welcome from Emad Bibawi, New York Advisory Office Leader and U.S. France Corridor Leader.
Topics covered included:
- Hot Topics of Tax Reform- Presented by Mark Price, Principal, Washington National Tax
- BEAT- Moderated by Robert Shapiro, SG Head of Tax- Americas with panelists Mark Price, Principal, Washington National Tax and Jesse Eggery, Principal, International Tax, Washington National Tax
- Accounting For Income Taxes- U.S. GAAP and IFRS Considerations- Moderated by Wendy Gould, BNPP Managing Director- U.S. Tax with panelists Todd Voss, Tax Partner, Kayreen Handley, Partner in KPMG's Department of Professional Practice and Valerie Boissou, Partner- Department of Professional Practice.
- Interaction of U.S. Tax Reform with French Tax Rules- Moderated by Stanley Marcello- Danone North America Chief Tax Officer, Patrick Seroin, International Tax Team, Head of French Tax Center and Mark Hoffenbery, Principal-in-Charge, Corporate, Washington National Tax.
For those unable to attend, key takeaways include:
- Dealing with uncertainty, trying to account for changes is key and understand where uncertainty lies will be key for companies.
- IFRS and GAAP accounting principles have differences and merit closer examination.
- Multinationals will need significant effort and acknowledgement by management to address the base erosion tax (BEAT).
See Clips from our Speakers on our Youtube Channel.
We hope you'll join us for future events. Take a look at our calendar to see what's coming up this week and month.